Summer Course on European Social Security
Date: 04 September 2017
Duration: 5 days
Location: ERA Conference Centre, Metzer Allee 4, 54295 Trier, Germany
Cost: 1090 Euro; discounts available
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=3e586ba947c31155b9c0204f8608372c80f231cd00521767344232&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=126620
The purpose of this course is to provide a thorough introduction to EU social security law. EU legislation and recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU will be presented. Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and workshops.
- EU legal framework on social security law;
- General principles of EU social security coordination;
- Rules on determination of the legislation applicable;
- Special provisions concerning the various categories of benefits (sickness benefits, invalidity and old-age pension, unemployment benefits, family benefits);
- Patient mobility and cross-border healthcare;
- The proposed revision of the coordination rules.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking an introduction to EU social security law.
Visit to the CJEU
Participants in this summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.
After a day's intensive training, enjoy our varied social programme: the course dinner with fellow participants, wine-tasting in the Mosel vineyards and a tour of the historic city of Trier.