Annual Forum on Combating Corruption in the EU 2017
Date: 21 September 2017
Duration: 2 days
Location: Trier, Germany
Cost: 250 EUR
Web Link: https://www.era.int/?126750&en
The overall objective of the OLAF Anti-Fraud Strategy is to improve the prevention, detection and conditions for investigations of fraud whilst achieving an adequate level of reparation and deterrence. This annual forum will discuss and exchange ideas on the fight against fraud in the EU from a practical perspective. Panel discussions will debate the operative challenges in investigating and prosecuting fraud and in recovering money unduly paid from the EU budget.
- Overview of the European legal framework for fighting fraud and protecting the EU's financial interests;
- Role and powers of OLAF, Eurojust, the European Parliament and the United Nations;
- Improving fraud prevention, detection and investigation techniques in Member States;
- Recovering proportions of funds lost due to fraud;
- Deterring future fraud through appropriate penalties;
- Work carried out by the private sector and by the European Court of Auditors (ECA) and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Who should attend?
Judges, prosecutors, government officials, in-house counsel, lawyers in private practice and other stakeholders.