Post-Brexit Cooperation in Criminal Justice
Date: 03 March 2020
Duration: 1 day
Cost: 490 EUR (reductions available)
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=a09015c26137b5918ae818dd208595880271f14000671710922673&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=129559
The UK’s withdrawal from the EU and hence from the European criminal justice area has significant consequences for judicial cooperation in criminal matters.
This seminar will focus on the post-Brexit relationship between the EU and the UK in this area. It will give participants an overview of which elements in European criminal justice are affected during the transition period and how future post-Brexit cooperation between the EU and the UK may look beyond.
- Transition period between Brexit and the future relationship between the EU and UK;
- Post-Brexit access to databases and informationsharing between the EU and UK;
- The UK’s participation in EU agencies as a third country;
- Challenges for the legal sector in the post-Brexit world;
- Human rights implications.