Summer Course on European Labour Law
Date: 03 July 2017
Duration: 5 days
Location: ERA Conference Centre, Metzer Allee 4, 54295, Trier, Germany
Cost: 1090 Euro; discounts available
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=9dfcf95689bd1dc130d4683c49c8e36f5eebc17000508237705140&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=126433
The purpose of this course is to provide a thorough introduction to European labour law.
- Free movement of workers;
- Posting of workers;
- European fundamental social rights;
- Part-time, fixed-term and temporary agency work;
- Equality and non-discrimination;
- Transfer of undertakings;
- Collective dismissals;
- Information and consultation rights;
- Applicable law to employment contracts;
- Working time.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking an introduction to European labour law.
EU legislation and recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU will be presented. Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and workshops.
Visit to the European Court of Justice
Participants in the summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.