Annual Conference on European Patent Law 2017
Date: 26 October 2017
Duration: 2 days
Location: MCE - Management Centre Europe, Brussels, Belgium
Cost: 790 €
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=5b0804f559a35fb31f76cf6c4fead4c68fe1758e00542032335032&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=127012
The focus of this year’s annual conference will be to update patent litigators and attorneys on the ongoing EU initiatives in the fields of patent law and licensing. Practical guidance on how to make the best use of EU and international legal instruments in litigation proceedings will be offered, including the Unitary Patent System, and the implications of Brexit.
- Update on the work of the Committees responsible for the preparation of the Unified Patent Court;
- The future of the Unitary Patent System in the context of Brexit;
- Patent litigation and patent filing strategies in the life sciences and IT sectors;
- Competition law aspects related to patent licensing including the expected European Commission Communication on Standard Essential Patents;
- Software patenting and big data in the context of digital evolution;
- Alternatives or complements to patent protection;
- Update on the implementation of the Trade Secrets Directive in the Member States.
Who should attend?
Litigators and attorneys specialised in patent law, in-house counsel, European patent attorneys, members of the judiciary and future judges before the Unified Patent Court (UPC).