Annual Conference on European Media Law 2018
Date: 07 June 2018
Duration: 2 days
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Cost: Registration before 7 May 2018: 711€ / Registration after 7 May 2018: 790€
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/?127509&en
The conference aims to keep media law practitioners up-to-date by providing an overview of the latest policy developments, legislative initiatives and case law in this field.
- Status quo of legislative packages contributing to the Digital Single Market;
- Future framework for the Audiovisual Media Services (AVMS Directive): finalisation of the trilogue and first review of the transposition requirements in Member States; focus on video sharing platforms;
- Enforceability of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 28 May 2018: key changes for the media and IT sector;
- The forthcoming e-Privacy Regulation: where do we stand? Relationship to GDPR, future of cookies, advertising and other marketing measures;
- SatCab Regulation between country-of-origin principle and principle of territoriality;
- Ongoing competition law investigations concerning platforms and affecting media companies;
- Impact of Brexit on the media market;
- Liability approaches in copyright: conflict or interaction with e-commerce rules?;
- Latest jurisprudence of the Court of Justice of the European Union and of the European Court of Human Rights relevant for the media sector.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice specialised in media law and information technology, in-house counsel and other legal practitioners in the media sector.