Anti-Money Laundering: Update on the EU Policy and Legislative Framework
Date: 11 October 2018
Duration: 2 days
Location: Trier, Germany
Cost: Registration before 11 Sep 2018: 621€ / Registration after 11 Sep 2018: 690 €
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/?127601&en
This seminar will explain the current European anti-money laundering landscape and focus on the challenges and changes arising from the transposition of the fourth Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Directive as well as the novelties brought by the fifth Directive.
- The latest AML/FATF trends;
- Practical changes and challenges for the financial services sector in the 4th and upcoming 5th AML Directives;
- Innovations regarding due diligence on customers;
- Challenges related to beneficial ownership information;
- Novelties regarding politically exposed persons (PEP);
- Risk assessment and its technological dimension;
- The EU Supranational Risk Assessment Report;
- The Commission’s roadmap for a new methodology to assess high-risk third countries;
- Building effective transaction monitoring;
- Virtual currencies;
- Tackling terrorism financing;
- The European Commission’s anti-tax-avoidance package.
Who should attend?
Anti-money laundering officers, compliance officers, lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, notaries, government officials, professionals in the gambling sector, and other stakeholders working in the financial services sector.