Anti-Money Laundering: Update on the EU Policy and Legislative Framework
Date: 15 November 2018
Duration: 2 days
Location: ERA Conference Centre, Metzer Allee 4, 54295 Trier, Germany
Cost: € 621,00 / € 690,00
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=2f31d15f9be14a42d338fe4e3d59ef94fd6b7f2300606793668777&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=127601
This seminar will focus on the amendments to the existing AML regime brought about by the 5th AMLD.
* The amended 4th AMLD;
* Expansion of the beneficial ownership regime;
* Abuse of the banking system for money-laundering/terrorist financing (ML/TF);
* International developments in AML;
* New players: virtual currencies and pre-paid cards;
* The expanded powers of financial intelligence units;
* Data sensitivity issues: have you considered the GDPR?;
* Protection for AML whistleblowers;
* The link to FinTech and Crypto Space;
* The AMLD5-PSD2 connection;
* Tax avoidance.
Who should attend?
Anti-money laundering officers, compliance officers, tax and FinTech lawyers, government officials, professionals in the gambling and payment services sectors and other stakeholders working in the financial services sector.