Consumer Protection in Financial Services
Date: 28 March 2019
Duration: 2 days
Location: ERA Conference Center, Metzer Allee 4, 54295 Trier Germany
Cost: 870 €; discounts available
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=7759212c7d16be8cfb01034b9013e0d96de5793000621118090710&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=128422
This seminar will provide participants with answers to practical questions on retail financial services, focusing on cross-border payments and on consumer and mortgage credits. It will offer an analysis of trends triggered by the continuing process of digitalisation of financial services as well as an overview of recent case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union. The benefits and challenges for consumers posed by a digital future of European financial services will be discussed.
- Directives on consumer credit agreements and on mortgage credit;
- Assessment of creditworthiness and the role of credit intermediaries;
- Proposed Cross-border Payments Regulation;
- Payment Services Directive (PSD II);
- FinTech, sustainability and financial innovation;
- Recent case law regarding retail financial services.
Who should attend?
Lawyers practising in the field of consumer law, retail financial services; in-house counsel; staff of EU institutions and permanent representations; representatives of consumer and business organisations as well as other stakeholders.