Annual Conference on European Data Protection Law 2019
Date: 28 March 2019
Duration: 1 1/2 days
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Cost: 790 EUR (discounts available)
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=52ee47d9620e39ef49bcf85376d65b5244712ad400624959574682&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=128430
The conference aims to provide legal practitioners and data protection specialists with the necessary guidance on new data protection rules provided by the GDPR and the upcoming e-Privacy Regulation and how to combine them with the demands of the contemporary economy. It will offer an opportunity to discuss with key legal experts the challenges and issues at stake.
- Post-GDPR challenges: interpretation and supervision of new requirements by DPAs;
- e-Privacy reforms – what additional challenges are to be expected?
- International data transfers;
- Impact of GDPR on technologies such as AI, Big Data and blockchain Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA): how to safeguard accountability under the GDPR;
- Recent case law on privacy in data protection matters;
- The European Data Protection Board – a first assessment.