Annual Conference on EU Law in the Insurance Sector 2019
Date: 06 June 2019
Duration: 1,5 days; 10 hours
Location: ERA Conference Center, Metzer Allee 4, 54295 Trier, Germany
Cost: 870 €; discounts available
Organiser: Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=bb0000c4ba7d7eb5b4420e398ad5e1bb3ceddd8c00631214846430&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=128440
This annual conference aims at keeping legal practitioners working in the insurance sector up-to-date on the latest relevant regulatory developments, legislative initiatives and case law.
* Stocktake of EU policy and legislation in insurance (just after the European Parliament elections);
* Current developments with the Solvency II Directive;
* The new Motor Insurance Directive: scope and amendments;
* New technologies and liability;
* Data protection and GDPR in insurance practice;
* IDD implementation;
* The new Pan-European Pension Products (PEPP);
* Implications of Brexit for insurance.
Who should attend?
In-house lawyers working with insurance companies, lawyers in private practice, stakeholders, policymakers and academics.
* Simon Colboc, Member of the Advisory Committee of the European Federation of Financial Advisers and Financial Intermediaries (FECIF); Secretary-General of the FECIF European Pensions Institute (FEPI); Non-Executive Director of Nucleus Life AG;
* Vaduz David Cowan, Team Leader on Conduct of Business Policy, Consumer Protection Department, European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), Frankfurt;
* Alexander Hamels, Associate, Steptoe, Brussels;
* Ana Keglević Steffek, Senior Lecturer in Law, Anglia Law School, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge;
* Bernhard A. Koch, Professor at the University of Innsbruck;
* Marek Lysy, Legal Officer, Insurance and Pensions, DG FISMA, European Commission, Brussels;
* Jasper de Meyer, Financial Services Officer, European Consumer Organisation (BEUC), Brussels;
* Martin Ramharter, DG Economic Policy, Financial Markets and Customs Duties, Federal Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Austria, Vienna;
* Yannis Samothrakis, Avocat à la cour, Partner, Clyde & Co, Paris Chiara Sandon, Senior Policy Advisor, European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA), Brussels;
* Karel Van Hulle, Professor at KU Leuven and Goethe University Frankfurt;
* Philip Woolfson, Partner, Steptoe, Brussels