Recent Case Law of the European Court of Human Rights in Taxation Matters
Date: 10 October 2019
Duration: 1,5 days; 10 hours
Location: Strasbourg, France
Cost: 590 Euro; discounts available
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=b2ca48af373fba3f30d30cbdb223614db76cf9a600657281645221&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=128710
This seminar will provide participants with a detailed understanding of landmark and recent jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) related to taxation matters. It will explain how legal practitioners can make best use of this case law in their day-to-day practice and how to submit a case to the Strasbourg Court.
* The role of the ECtHR in the area of taxation;
* The protection of property as guaranteed in Article 1 of Protocol No. 1 to the ECHR;
* The protection of privacy and personal data: Article 8 ECHR;
* The prohibition of discrimination: Article 14 ECHR Further recent case law of the ECtHR in relation to tax matters;
* Submitting a case to the Strasbourg court.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, tax advisors, judges and prosecutors dealing with tax cases. Visit to the European Court of Human Rights Participants in this seminar will have the opportunity to visit the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.