Annual Conference on Financial Regulation and Supervision in the EU 2019
Date: 12 December 2019
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: L42, Rue de la Loi 42, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Cost: € 890,00 / € 801,00 (Registration by 12 November 2019)
Organiser: Academy of European Law (ERA)
Web Link: https://www.era.int/?128662&en
This year’s conference is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive overview of emerging and existing challenges facing the EU’s financial regulatory and supervisory framework, with special focus on the link between climate change and financial stability, screening of third-country ownership of critical financial infrastructure in the context of the new EU FDI screening framework, and nextgeneration FinTech and RegTech.
- The enhanced Single Rule Book and Single Supervisory Mechanism;
- Transparency, disclosure and judicial review of supervisory decisions;
- The new EU framework for screening of non-EU investments in critical financial infrastructure;
- UK-EU financial market interaction following Brexit;
- Data driven supervision and AI;
- New Cross-Border Payments Regulation (CBPR2) and the effect on FinTech;
- Risks of Facebook’s new cryptocurrency LIBRA;
- Climate-aligned financial regulation.
Who should attend?
Legal officers at national supervisors, central banks and the EU supervisory authorities, compliance officers and legal officers in private-sector financial institutions, lawyers in private practice dealing with banking and financial regulation.