FinTech, RegTech and Cryptoassets - Live Stream
Date: 26 March 2020
Duration: 1,5 days
Location: Trier, Germany
Cost: € 890,00 / € 801,00 (Registration by 26 February 2020)
Organiser: ERA - Academy of European Law
Web Link: https://www.era.int/cgi-bin/cms?_SID=b91b860129a88090636921c06cec44fd13a9d41600687208592943&_sprache=en&_bereich=artikel&_aktion=detail&idartikel=129604
The live-streamed seminar will give practitioners an overview of the state of play in financial technology and innovation, focusing on three main aspects: a) how artificial intelligence (AI) and Big Data are transforming the scope and modus operandi of financial supervision and financial compliance; b) distributed ledger technology (DLT) and its legal implications for businesses, in particular company law and banking; and c) how virtual assets are regulated and what legal implications they have.
The seminar will analyse the latest development in different areas of financial regulation and business law with respect to FinTech and look ahead at the regulatory and legislative agenda.
- Regulatory Technology (RegTech): AI, data-driven supervision and compliance;
- Legal aspects of distributed ledger technology (DLT) in the financial sector;
- Regulation of virtual assets at the international and EU levels;
- Prudential and monetary policy aspects of virtual assets;
- Use of virtual assets for illicit purposes;
- Cybersecurity: implications for regulators and businesses.
Who should attend?
EU & national regulators/supervisors, legal officers in financial services sectors (FinTech, payment services), lawyers in private practice, compliance officers.
Taking part in the discussion
You can address questions to the speakers in the chat box that will appear on your screen during the live stream. The Chair will read your question to the respective speaker who will answer your question verbally.